- 2-1/2 cups halved pretzel sticks
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 1-1/2 cups M&M's
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine pretzels, cereal and M&M's. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and peanut butter. Add marshmallows; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over pretzel mixture; stir to coat. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Cool until firm; cut into squares. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forSnack Mix Squares
"I made these squares for our community pot luck. I used chocolate Chex cereal and Reese Pieces. They turned out real tasty."
"This is some addictive stuff!!!!! Delicious!"
"After reading the reviews, we cut the butter in half and added a hand full (1/2 lb) of cashew pieces. The pretzel sticks lost most of the salt, so I suggest sprinkling kosher salt on top to taste. After spreading the mix, we put in the freezer for 10 minutes. No problem with the mix setting up and getting firm. The squares were a big hit at our Memorial Weekend gathering. This will be standard fare for our summer family gatherings!"
"These are terrific!"
"Is there a reason why you use corn chex and not any other chex? I would think rice chex would be good because of the crispness."
"Gooey & delicious:)"
"Such an easy, colorful and tasty recipe. Like Rice Crispie Treats all dressed up! I wanted to have a few fallback kids friendly treat recipes before school starts and this one fits the bill. Will make again for sure."
"I've made this recipe several times and we all love it (especially my granddaughter!). It's very easy. My only caution is that I always use a smaller pan - the bars seem much too thin if put in a 9x13 pan."
"I LOVE these! I've made them for so many different occasions and always get great compliments. I don't like chocolate, so I swap out the m&ms for reeses pieces."
"So yummy and easy! Loved the salty/sweet combo."