Looking for some “booty” to fill the kids’ take-home loot sacks? This crunchy mix boasts loads of sweet, cinnamon flavor and tiny animal and goldfish crackers. It’s sure to appeal to swashbucklers of all ages! John Slivon – Navarre Beach, FL
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
MakesAbout 2 quarts
- 6 cups Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
- 1-1/2 cups animal crackers
- 1-1/2 cups miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup gummy candy shapes
- In a large bowl, combine the Cheerios, animal crackers, fish-shaped crackers and pretzels. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, honey, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Cool completely. Stir in candy shapes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 220 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Jungle Fun Toss in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.