If your family likes granola bars, they're sure to love these tempting treats. Full of hearty ingredients, they're a perfect snack for taking along on picnics and bike trips or for packing in brow-bag lunches.—Carolyn Fisher, Kinzer, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 14 Recipes for Cereal Bars
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 9 cups Rice Chex, crushed
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups raisins or M&M's minis or miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a very large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a Dutch oven over low heat, cook and stir marshmallows and butter until the marshmallows are melted. Add honey and mix well.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir until blended. Add the raisins, M&M's or chocolate chips if desired. Pat two-thirds into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan and the remaining third into a 9-in. square pan. Cool before cutting into bars. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Snack Bars in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p54
Reviews forSnack Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2010
"Kids love this recipe! It makes a lot and can also be a peanut free snack for kid who have allergies."