- 9 cups Rice Chex, crushed
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips, mini M&M's or raisins, optional
- In a very large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir marshmallows and butter until the marshmallows are melted. Add honey and mix well. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well. Add chips, M&M's or raisins if desired. Pat two-thirds into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan and the remaining third into a 9-in. square pan. Cool. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
Reviews forSnack Bars
"Kids love this recipe! It makes a lot and can also be a peanut free snack for kid who have allergies."