Smucker’s® Strawberry Coffee Cake
Recipe provided by Smucker's® Ice Cream Toppings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes8 to 10 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Sugar Free Strawberry Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Cut in shortening with fork until even crumbs form. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for topping.
- WHISK milk and egg until blended. Add to remaining flour mixture, stirring just until evenly moistened. Spread evenly in prepared pie plate. Spread topping on batter to within 1-inch of edges. Combine reserved crumbs with nuts. Sprinkle evenly over topping.
- BAKE 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Originally published as Smucker's® Strawberry Coffee Cake in Smucker's® Ice Cream Toppings
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.