Smothered Turkey Cutlets
Why have turkey just for Thanksgiving? This is an easy recipe that makes it feel like the holidays any day of the week. —Lisa Keys, Kennet Square, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min
- 1 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup orange sections, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 turkey breast cutlets (2-1/2 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, cubed
- Additional chopped cilantro
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix salsa, cranberries and cilantro; gently stir in oranges. In a shallow bowl, mix flour and cumin. In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg and water. In a third bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle cutlets with pepper and salt; coat lightly with flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting firmly.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; add 2 cutlets and cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining oil and turkey.
- Sprinkle cutlets with cheddar cheese; bake until cheese is melted and turkey is no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Top with avocado, salsa mixture, additional cilantro and, if desired, sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 401 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.