Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
- 1 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup orange sections, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 turkey breast cutlets (2-1/2 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, cubed
- Additional chopped cilantro
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix salsa, cranberries and cilantro; gently stir in oranges. In a shallow bowl, mix flour and cumin. In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg and water. In a third bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle cutlets with pepper and salt; coat lightly with flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting firmly.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; add 2 cutlets and cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining oil and turkey.
- Sprinkle cutlets with cheddar cheese; bake until cheese is melted and turkey is no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Top with avocado, salsa mixture, additional cilantro and, if desired, sour cream.
1 serving: 401 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.