- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, toss beef with flour, salt and pepper. Stir in all remaining ingredients except noodles.
- Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours. If desired, serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSmothered Round Steak
"I didn't add the molasses, but we really enjoyed this dish. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"I didn't add the molasses, but the dish still tasted very good."
"I made this shortly after this issue arrived, and it was wonderful; it was even better the next day! I used the molasses, although it sounded odd, but it was really delicious. Thank goodness for recipe search, though, since I can't find the issue with this recipe in it."
"This is delicious and so simple. I don't like canned mushrooms, so added 1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms instead and it was just delicious!"