Smothered Pork Chops
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork chops in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. Stir in the apples, brown sugar, water and salt. Top with meat with stuffing; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1 each: 686 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 1081mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Dec 5, 2017
So delicious! I have been making this recipe for awhile. Always turns out great, and my husband requests it often!
Dec 7, 2015
Turns ordinary pork chops into a delightful meal fit for company. Thank you!
Nov 30, 2014
I haven't made this in a while but it is great. It is one of the few ways that I like stuffing.
Jun 13, 2013
This is our favorite. Great one-pot meal.
Oct 4, 2012
My husband loved this recipe and it was very easy to make!
Nov 17, 2010
This was very simple to make and a big hit in our household. I used the new apple flavored stuffing mix. Yum!
Sep 30, 2008
this is one of our favorites - absolutely delicious!!