Smothered Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork chops in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the apples, brown sugar, water and salt. Top with meat with stuffing; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 686 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 1081mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 5, 2017
So delicious! I have been making this recipe for awhile. Always turns out great, and my husband requests it often!
Dec 7, 2015
Turns ordinary pork chops into a delightful meal fit for company. Thank you!
Nov 30, 2014
I haven't made this in a while but it is great. It is one of the few ways that I like stuffing.
Jun 13, 2013
This is our favorite. Great one-pot meal.
Oct 4, 2012
My husband loved this recipe and it was very easy to make!
Nov 17, 2010
This was very simple to make and a big hit in our household. I used the new apple flavored stuffing mix. Yum!
Jun 15, 2009
this is one of our favorites - absolutely delicious!!