Smothered Pork Chop
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, parsley flakes and rosemary, crushed
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, basil, parsley and rosemary; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, place mushrooms on pork chops. Cover each with a cheese slice. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 1012 calories, 87g fat (24g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 1203mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 52g protein.
Sep 28, 2015
Sep 27, 2015
Really good...a keeper!
Dec 31, 2010
Very good recipe, we love these!
Mar 29, 2010
These pork chops were amazing! I had to improv a bit but it worked out well. Didn't have pepper jack cheese so I used mozzarella instead. Also sauteed shallots with the mushrooms. Really incredible flavor!
Feb 11, 2010
My husband gobbled up these pork chops no problem. The only thing I did different was saute onions and peppers with the mushrooms. Excellent!
Mar 13, 2009
We LOVED these pork chops--they were so juicy and flavorful! Even though my kids pulled off the cheese and mushrooms, they still really liked the meat. This recipe is a keeper!!