Smothered Italian Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 22 fire-roasted tomato Triscuits, crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons garlic-herb mayonnaise, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Dash pepper
- Place crushed crackers and 3/4 cup mayonnaise in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in mayonnaise and then coat with crackers.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and remaining mayonnaise. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or just until spinach is wilted. Spoon spinach mixture over chicken; top each with a cheese slice. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 535 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Dec 14, 2015
This is much better without the spinach. Love the crunchy Triscuits :)
Feb 16, 2013
The flavor on this was disgusting. I had to throw mine out.
Aug 16, 2012
I have not seen garlic herb mayonnaise in stores. I think I could season my own mixture suitably but wondered where ready made was available and who makes it?