- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa verde.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSmothered Burritos
"I made these for two of my brothers. They raved about them. I was in total agreement. used smaller tortillas cause that is what I had on hand and since I had twice the tortillas I doubled everything else and it came out great. Flavors were terrific. Will definitely make again. Even great heated up. Topped with salsa, sour cream, green onions, lettuce and tomato. YUM!"
"This is a good recipe to use as an idea maker. A few changes I made are as fallows 1) needs onions. 2) Corn tortillas instead of flour. Corn tortillas don't get soggy like flour ones do. 3) Homemade red enchilada sauce and cancel the Verde and add fresh chopped jalapenos instead. And I also like to add sliced black olives to mine. I could tell by just reading the list of ingredients there would be no heat and very little flavor, but with the added onion and my homemade sauce, my creation turned out pretty good. Only reason this got 2 stars is for the ideas it gave me, otherwise it would have been 1 star."
"So, where is the spice???? This is very benign. Any number of additions would add real spice to make these "spicy","
"I was sure with so few ingredients these would really lack flavor....Not a problem! Perfect as written, no changes needed."
"We liked this recipe, it's a keeper. I couldn't find green enchilada sauce in our store, they were out of it so I used red. Turned out very good."
"This was a wonderful dish. I make homemade salsa and we loved it. Thx for the recipe. Margie"
"Just add black beans or refried beans, garlic, and onions and this can be a 5 star!"
"I followed the recipe exactly (sort of). I used shredded chicken breast instead of beef. They were fantastic. I think they are even better than the chicken enchiladas I make. They freeze well too. We all loved them. Don't put the sauce or cheese on the burritos until you are ready to put them in the oven. That way they don't get soggy."