Smoky & Sweet Strawberry Chipotle Jam
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + processing
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- Place half of the strawberries in a food processor; process until pureed. Chop remaining strawberries.
- In a large saucepan, combine strawberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, peppers and salt. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4 in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 65 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 10, 2016
Delicious sweet heat in a jam. This was my first attempt at making jam. The recipe was easy to follow and the results were fantastic! I have given two jars away already for birthday gifts along with kitchen towels. Big Hit. This is a keeper!