These ribs bake up tender and flavorful, coated with a simple-to-make sauce. Folk agree they're finger-lickin' good.—Lornetta Kaminski, St. Benedict, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 100 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 8 bottles (42 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 4 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 5 pounds brown sugar
- 1 to 2 bottles (4 ounces each) Liquid Smoke, optional
- Place ribs in several large roasting pans. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain. bake 15-20 minutes longer or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a stockpot, combine the barbecue sauce, pineapple, brown sugar and liquid smoke if desired; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Drain ribs; pour sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 935 calories, 64g fat (23g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 62g protein.
Originally published as Smoky Spareribs in Taste of Home August/September 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.