Smoky Spanish Potato Salad
I created this recipe for red potatoes, but fingerlings and Yukon Golds work fine, too. With artichoke hearts added, it will definitely liven up your next picnic.—Helen Conwell, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-3/4 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Scrub potatoes; cut into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika and salt. Toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° until tender, 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade; place artichokes and potatoes in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery, capers, onions, basil and reserved marinade. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 248 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Roasted Smoky Spanish Potato Salad in Country Woman April/May 2011