Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, sliced
- 2 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add green peppers and onion to same skillet; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, milk, parsley, marjoram and pepper until blended; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Return sausage to pan; heat through. Stir in cheese until blended. Serve with rice.
Apr 6, 2014
this tasted ok, but really needed more seasoning. After a few minutes, when we went back for seconds, the sauce was clumpy and goopy. Not sure if I will make this again.
Feb 24, 2014
I made this without the onion, but I will try it next time with the onion. The green peppers were nice and tender. This had the perfect amount of flavor without being too much. My six year old ate everything on his plate and he usually does not like green peppers. It smelled really good cooking and I was not disappointed with the final result. This one is a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.