Smoky Potato Rounds
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until almost tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato widthwise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 73 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 23, 2011
I omitted the barbeque sauce this time, although I do think it would be good. These were very good and I will be making them again for sure. All of my kids ate them, which is funny to me. If I had given them baked potatoes with all of these toppings I would have heard complaints. But, this presentation resulted in gobbles. Also very good with ranch dip made with sour cream and ranch seasoning mix.
May 25, 2011
Awesome!!! So easy to make.
Nov 10, 2010
This recipe is a keeper. It was easy to make, and a definite alternative to making potato skins (tastes just about the same).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.