Smoky Pineapple Cheese Ball
Smoky paprika balances sweet pineapple in this distinctively different cheese ball. This is my family's all-time favorite holiday appetizer. —Debra Keil, Owasso, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Assorted crackers
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pepper, pineapple, onion, seasoned salt and paprika. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Spread remaining pecans on a large piece of plastic. Shape cheese mixture into a ball; roll in pecans to coat evenly. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers.
Originally published as Surprise Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.