Smoky Pineapple Cheese Ball
Smoky paprika balances sweet pineapple in this distinctively different cheese ball. This is my family's all-time favorite holiday appetizer. —Debra Keil, Owasso, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Assorted crackers
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pepper, pineapple, onion, seasoned salt and paprika. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Spread remaining pecans on a large piece of plastic. Shape cheese mixture into a ball; roll in pecans to coat evenly. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers.
Originally published as Surprise Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017