Smoky paprika balances sweet pineapple in this distinctively different cheese ball. This is my family's all-time favorite holiday appetizer. —Debra Keil, Owasso, Oklahoma
Recommended: 30+ Grilling Recipes to Bring to the Tailgate
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Assorted crackers
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pepper, pineapple, onion, seasoned salt and paprika. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Spread remaining pecans on a large piece of plastic. Shape cheese mixture into a ball; roll in pecans to coat evenly. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Smoky Pineapple Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p94