- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 pound smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- In a small skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Add sugar; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and egg. Fold in 1/2 cup cheese, seasoning blend and onion mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.
1 piece: 91 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.