Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and onion until tender. Combine soup and milk; stir into skillet. Add sausage, cheese and peas. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add the macaroni; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 407 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1244mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Mar 21, 2015
Good stuff for when you want something a little different than the usual mac and cheese and on the cheap.
Nov 21, 2012
Have made this dish time and time again, with satisfying results. My grandson loves hot dogs (beef franks) so just may have to make for him.
May 28, 2009
This ws very good and very easy. I used fiesta nacho cheese instead of the cheddar cheese soup. I then eliminated the onions and peppers.
May 1, 2009
This recipe looks interesting, one I'll have to try soon. I have found every recipe Mrs. Hoekema submits is a classic. Thank you very much for sharing your recipe. Sincerely, Kathy Joscelyn in Oxford, NY.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.