- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and onion until tender. Combine soup and milk; stir into skillet. Add sausage, cheese and peas. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add the macaroni; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSmoky Macaroni
"Good stuff for when you want something a little different than the usual mac and cheese and on the cheap."
"Have made this dish time and time again, with satisfying results. My grandson loves hot dogs (beef franks) so just may have to make for him."
"This recipe looks interesting, one I'll have to try soon. I have found every recipe Mrs. Hoekema submits is a classic. Thank you very much for sharing your recipe. Sincerely, Kathy Joscelyn in Oxford, NY."