Smoky Hash Brown Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grease a 3-qt. slow cooker with butter. Combine potatoes, soup, cheese, pepper and salt. Transfer to prepared slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Bake option: Preheat oven to 350°. Place potato mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 45-55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 227 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 28, 2019
I made this exactly to the recipe for a brunch potluck, it must have been well-liked since it was gone before other similar potato dishes. For ease of preparation, this can't be beat. The smoked cheese definitely adds an extra bit of flavor, I used Tillamook cracked pepper smoked white cheddar. Be sure to taste before serving, I thought the cheese and soup would make it salty enough but it could have used more salt than I added. Will make again when I need a quick and easy potato side dish.