Smoky Hash Brown Casserole
Making this delicious, savory casserole in the slow cooker saves oven space, but you can bake it in the oven if you prefer. —Susan Hein, Burlington, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grease a 3-qt. slow cooker with butter. Combine potatoes, soup, cheese, pepper and salt. Transfer to prepared slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Bake option: Preheat oven to 350°. Place potato mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 45-55 minutes.
Bake option: Preheat oven to 350°. Place potato mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add more cheese on top if desired. Bake, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 45-55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 227 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole - Slow Cooker in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.