Smoky Grilled Shrimp
Grill up these bacon-wrapped hors d’oeuvres and watch them disappear! They taste just as scrumptious as they look, and the reserved sauce is wonderful for dipping. —Debbie Taylor, White Bluff, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes2-1/2 dozen (3/4 cup sauce)
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 1-1/4 cups honey Dijon salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, horseradish and garlic; set aside 3/4 cup. Brush remaining mixture over both sides of shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp; thread onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 79 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Smokey Grilled Shrimp in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010