Smoky Grilled Shrimp for Two
Grill up these bacon-wrapped hors d’oeuvres and watch them disappear! They taste just as scrumptious as they look, and the reserved sauce is wonderful for dipping. —Debbie Taylor, White Bluff, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes1 dozen (1/3 cup sauce)
- 1/2 pound bacon strips
- 2/3 cup honey Dijon salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 12 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, horseradish and garlic; set aside 1/3 cup. Brush remaining mixture over both sides of shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp; thread onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with reserved sauce.
Originally published as Smokey Grilled Shrimp in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.