Smoky Chicken Nachos
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine the cream cheese, chives, milk, bread crumbs, mustard, paprika and, if desired, liquid smoke; stir into chicken mixture until blended.
- In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the chips, chicken mixture, beans and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tomatoes and olives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 195 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
May 26, 2018
This is the best nacho recipe! The flavor was great and it was easy to make. I actually had everything on hand except the liquid smoke. Even without the liquid smoke the nachos came out so, so good. This will be my new go to nachos recipe.
Feb 6, 2017
This one's a keeper. I used ground beef, at my husband's request. I was a little skeptical, but made it anyways because I wanted a change from our usual nachos, but not too different. I liked the smoky taste from the liquid smoke. I also happened to have smoked paprika, so I used that too. I probably used more chips and cheese than it called for (didn't exactly measure) but the whole pan disappeared between three people having seconds.
Apr 8, 2016
Yummy! Chives not required. Ground turkey works fine.- Theresa
Jan 21, 2015
Very good! I left out the bread crumbs and dry mustard ... Tasted great! A great party platter!