Smoky Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos
—Lin Sines, Oak Point, Texas
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 15 large jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 15 bacon strips
- Cut stems off jalapenos; remove seeds and membranes. In a small bowl, beat the cheeses, cilantro, garlic powder and paprika until blended. Stuff 1 tablespoon into each jalapeno; wrap a strip of bacon around each.
- Grill peppers, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp and filling is heated through. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 259 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Lin's Stuffed Jalapenos in Backyard Living June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.