When I'm making a pot of Smoky Cheddar Corn Chowder, no one misses dinner. Smoked cheese the flavor to another level. —Danielle Crawford, Pelzer, SC
Recommended: 75 Delicious Ways to Eat Corn on (and off) the Cob
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir ham over medium-high heat until browned. Add potatoes, milk, corn and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Smoky Cheddar Corn Chowder in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p30