- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, capers, mustard, salt and white pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSmokin' Hot Deviled Eggs
"I did not have chipotle peppers, so I substituted jalapeno slices. I also left the capers, and white pepper out. They really turned out delicious. Biggest hit at the Easter Table! Thank you for the recipe"
"I've made this recipe several times! Only thing i do differently for my family is double the chipotles!"
"I made these twice now. They are a spicy treat! I could not find the chipote in adobo sauce so used drained, chopped hot peppers & a natural hickory liquid smoke instead."
"These were interesting... Not a big fan, sadly."
"Made these for a 4th of July BBQ added pickled jalapeno's in place of capers. Super good and spicy!!!"
"Let's try this again! I chose to leave out the chipotle peppers (I do not care for them). These eggs were good without them. They were a hit!"
"I left out the chipotle eggs (I do not care for them). These deviled eggs for good without them. I made these for a party. They were a hit!"
"This was a delicious alternative to regular deviled eggs. We used all 3 chipolte peppers but didn't think the eggs were overly spicy, maybe even a bit on the milder side."
"We used 2 chipoltle peppers instead of three. It was mildly hot then. Good develed egg variation."