Quesadillas are a nice alternative to traditional finger sandwiches. But our teenage children have also been known to eat them for breakfast!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 6 thin slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 6 thin slices (1 ounce each) Monterey Jack cheese
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of dressing on each tortilla. Top each with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style. In a lightly greased skillet, cook quesadillas over medium heat, turning constantly, until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into four pieces. Serve with salsa for dipping. Microwave Directions: Assemble quesadillas as directed. Wrap each quesadilla in paper towel and microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. This recipe was tested in a 700-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 153 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat.
Originally published as Smokehouse Quesadillas in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.