Crispy carrots, cukes and green pepper add nutrition and zip to our Test Kitchen's turkey wraps. They're a great lunch or light supper, and forget about leftovers or messy cleanup.
Recommended: What to Eat When It's Too Hot to Cook
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the cucumber, carrot, green pepper and Italian dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Spread cream cheese over tortillas; top with turkey and spinach. Drain and discard dressing; place vegetables over spinach. Roll up. Warm wraps in the microwave before serving if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Turkey Vegetable Wraps in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p31