Smoked Turkey Sausage Pizza
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Place dough on a greased baking sheet. With floured hands, press into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Bake at 425° for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers until crisp-tender.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with sauteed vegetables, sausage, mushrooms and onions. Combine cheeses and oregano; sprinkle over pizza.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 285 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1166mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jul 6, 2011
This was by far the best pizza I have ever made. I bought a pre-made Bobli whole wheat pizza crust and added a dash of "Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle" to give the sauce some added flavor. Other than that I followed the recipe and it was amazing. Reheated it in the toaster oven and it was still amazing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.