- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 to 8 cups watercress or torn romaine
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces sliced deli smoked turkey, cut into strips
- 4 medium apples, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Whisk together first four ingredients.
- Place watercress on a platter; top with carrot, tomatoes, turkey and apples. Drizzle with dressing; top with walnuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSmoked Turkey and Apple Salad
"This salad is great! Definitely make this with Thanksgiving leftovers as a delicious, light sequel to the big dinner. When I don't have leftover turkey, I buy precooked chicken strips in the supermarket. This is terrific in the summer too for lunch or dinner! I've given out the recipe several times."