Smoked Trout & Hearts of Palm Bites
I've had great luck finding hearts of palm in the canned vegetable section at the grocery store. In a pinch, you can use quartered artichoke hearts in place of the the hearts of palms and still end up with a great tasting dish. —Lori Stefanishion, Drumheller, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) hearts of palm, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 24 bagel chips
- 6 ounces smoked trout, broken into 24 portions
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- Cut hearts of palm widthwise into thin slices. Spread bagel chips with half of the cream cheese; layer with hearts of palm and trout. Garnish with remaining cream cheese and capers.
Originally published as Hearts of Palm Lox in Taste of Home December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.