Smoked Shrimp & Wild Mushroom Fettuccine
We smoke these prawns in-house, but a grill works just as well. The broccoli and tomatoes add color to the flavorful prawns and mushrooms.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups soaked mesquite wood chips
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute broccoli and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic and salt; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine. Add to sauce mixture with shrimp. Cook and stir until heated through; gently stir in tomato.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 686 calories, 43g fat (23g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Prawns and Wild Mushroom Pasta in Country August/September 2010