Smoked Shrimp & Wild Mushroom Fettuccine
We smoke these prawns in-house, but a grill works just as well. The broccoli and tomatoes add color to the flavorful prawns and mushrooms.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups soaked mesquite wood chips
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute broccoli and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic and salt; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine. Add to sauce mixture with shrimp. Cook and stir until heated through; gently stir in tomato.