- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen garden vegetable medley
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- Cook vegetables according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the water, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, mustard, paprika, salt, sugar, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Add sausage.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and sausage is heated through, stirring occasionally and turning sausage once. Serve with the vegetable medley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSmoked Sausage with Vegetables
"This is tasty and cheap sauce on the side.. I serve with O'brien potatoes seasoned a bit and melt velveeta slices on them and top with green onions. Go ahead, laugh. ..then try it."
"Wasn't very impressed with this recipe. easy to make, but kind of tasted like hot dogs with extra tangy ketchup."
"This was really good and convenient since I had all the ingredients for the sauce on hand. Surprisingly yummy!"
"This sausage recipe is delicious! The sauce has a wonderful flavor that you will make over and over again. One piece of advice...do NOT use anything but smoked sausage in this recipe. Once I used keilbasa and it was not the same. Super easy to make and a winner in my home."