Smoked Sausage with Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 package Eckrich® Smoked Sausage
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, pepper, sugar, celery salt, salt, cayenne and mustard. Rub seasoning mixture over sausage. Grill according to package directions until heated through, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add cream and onion; mix well. Bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Continue to stir just until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. Season with salt and white pepper. Serve with grilled sausage.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage wtih Homemade Macaroni and Cheese in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.