- 1 can (8 ounces) chunk pineapple
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces fully cooked smoked kielbasa or other link sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooked rice
- Drain the pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. Heat oil in a skillet; cook the sausage, onion, green pepper and celery until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes, beef broth, garlic, brown sugar and pepper; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Blend cornstarch into reserved pineapple juice; stir into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the pineapple chunks. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSmoked Sausage Supper
"A bit too much black pepper for my family's taste. Nest time I'll cut that in half! Other than that? Very, very good!! Thanks!"
"Even my pickiest eaters loved it! Will definetely be making it again and again."
"We liked it! We all love smoked sausage but were kind of leary about the pineapple. Everyone seems to like it. The younger kids didn't care for the pineapple but both my hubby and I thought it was real good. I did not do the tomatoes because we just don't care for them in dishes. I substituted a real good spaghetti sauce in its place."
"I made then and was a little hesitant with the brown sugar and pineapples bing mixed with beef broth and tomatoes and my family and I love it! It has the perfect combo of flavors with all the different ingredients!"
"Very good, even hubby loved it. Was a nice change for using smoked sausage."
"Loved it and I don't care for smoked sausage that much. Will make again!!"