Smoked Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes6-8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 3 cups sliced summer squash
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 328 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1112mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Sep 7, 2015
This was just okay - I would not make again.
Apr 15, 2012
This was very good.......I was afraid two tabelspoons of sage would be too much though, and I preferred that the smokiness of the sausage come through, so I only added about on half teaspoon of each spice. The results were great! We served it by putting mashed potatoes in soup bowls and putting the soup over the top. Yum!
May 17, 2011
My whole family loves this. Perfect for a rainy day!
May 3, 2011
Husband liked it, but I didn't like the seasonings so much.
Oct 23, 2009
love the ingredients...did not use squash though