Smoked Sausage Saute
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet; set aside.
- To the same skillet, add oil, zucchini and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in sausage, tomatoes, garlic salt, oregano and pepper. Cook, uncovered, until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and place on serving platter. Top with sausage mixture. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Saute in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009