"These sausage-and-egg sandwiches are always a hit," writes Jan Badovinac of Harrison, Arkansas. The golden crust has a complete meal hidden inside, so it's perfect for folks on the run.
Recommended: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 5 egg, beaten
- 1 tube (17.3 ounces) large refrigerated biscuits
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 16 miniature smoked sausage links
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, parsley, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in cheddar cheese; set aside. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until completely set.
- Separate biscuits into eight pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 5-in. circle. On each circle, spread about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Beat egg white and water; lightly brush some over edges of dough. Top with scrambled eggs and two sausage links. Fold dough over; seal edges and press together with a fork. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining egg white mixture. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Pockets in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p12