Smoked Sausage Pockets
"These sausage-and-egg sandwiches are always a hit," writes Jan Badovinac of Harrison, Arkansas. The golden crust has a complete meal hidden inside, so it's perfect for folks on the run.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 16 miniature smoked sausage links
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, parsley, seasoned salt and pepper until blended. Stir in cheddar cheese; set aside. In a large skillet,heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Separate biscuits into eight pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 5-in. circle. On each circle, spread about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water; lightly brush over edges of dough. Top with scrambled eggs and two sausage links. Fold dough over; seal edges and press together with a fork.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining egg white mixture. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 400 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Pockets in Quick Cooking November/December 2001