Smoked Sausage Ole Appetizer
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage; drain any fat and wipe skillet with paper towel. Return sausage to skillet; stir in salsa. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine beans and sour cream. Spread onto a large serving platter. Top with the sausage mixture, tomatoes, olives and onions. Serve with tortilla chips.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Ole Appetizer in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009