Smoked Sausage Minestrone
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup cooked small pasta shells
- 4 ounces Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and water; bring to a boil. Add zucchini and pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook uncovered until pasta is tender, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sausage, tomatoes and V8 juice; cook, uncovered, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Minestrone in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.