- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/4 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into eight wedges
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the sausage and vegetables; toss to coat. Drain and reserve marinade.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage and vegetables. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until vegetables are tender and sausage is heated through, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSmoked Sausage Kabobs
"The marinade is mostly sugar so it burns quite easily on the grill. Even with continual basting and grilling over a low flame, this dish simply tasted like "grilled vegetables and sausage" with none of the flavor of the marinade. Perhaps everything needs to be marinated for hours? I'm not sure. But I won't be making it again."