- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup V8 juice
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano and basil in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add V8 juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSmoked Sausage Dinner
"This is a great, simple recipe! I didn't use rice, since my husband doesn't care for rice. I boiled some potatoes, and we also had leftover noodles. It's great with both! I also did, what others suggested, and added some carrots, and a little cayenne pepper. I double the recipe for the 3 of us, but next time I'm going to have to doubt THAT, for the sauce part of the recipe. It will defintly become a regular in my home!"
"I'm always looking for easy recipes with smaller portions. This one is definitely going in my keeper file. Next time I'm adding a little red pepper flake or using spicy V8."
"I made it just like the recipe said but doubled the sausage and used 1 onion and 1 green pepper, regular V8 (2 cups), soup spoon of garlic, 1 tsp each of oregano and basil. Me and my 3 kids loved it!!"
"Down home cooking. We loved it with no changes made and I loved it because it was quick to make."
"This tasted very good. The changes Imade were to use Smoked turkey Sausage. I served it overUncle Ben's Ready Whole Grain Medley Vegetable Harvest. It turned out very good and fast."