Smoked Sausage and Veggies
Banana peppers add extra flavor and color to this super skillet recipe from field editor LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. “The heat level can easily be adjusted to your own taste,” says LaDonna. “Just put in more or less of what you like.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 mild banana pepper, cut into rings
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until almost tender; drain well.
- In a small skillet, saute the potatoes, peppers, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in sausage and coleslaw mix; heat through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Stir-Grilled Smoke Sausage & Veggies in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007