Banana peppers add extra flavor and color to this super skillet recipe from field editor LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. “The heat level can easily be adjusted to your own taste,” says LaDonna. “Just put in more or less of what you like.”
Recommended: 30+ Grilling Recipes to Bring to the Tailgate
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 mild banana pepper, cut into rings
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until almost tender; drain well.
- In a small skillet, saute the potatoes, peppers, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in sausage and coleslaw mix; heat through. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage and Veggies in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p62