Smoked Sausage and Couscous
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Polska Kielbasa, halved lenghwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup roasted chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and garlic salt to a boil; stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned. Place couscous in a serving bowl; fluff with a fork. Add sausage mixture, artichokes, peppers and olives; mix gently. If mixture is dry, stir in 1-2 tablespoons reserved artichoke marinade. Serve warm or chilled.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage and Couscous in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.