Smoked Sausage and Cheesy Rice Casserole
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine sausage, rice, peas, onion, red pepper and cheese sauce; season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage & Cheesy Rice Casserole in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009