I tried this recipe for Thanksgiving. My husband is a picky eater, but he ate more of the stuffing than the turkey! If you have leftovers, top some with an over-easy egg for breakfast. —Adriana Torres, El Paso, Texas
Featured In: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium red potatoes (about 3/4 pound), cubed
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 8 ounces Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add potatoes, broth, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or just until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing cubes and kielbasa.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Smoked Sausage & Potato Dressing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014